Welcome! I am so glad you are here!

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10~

I can no longer be content living life the way I have, the way I have actually strived to in the past... to be safe, healthy, and comfortable. There is more to life than a cute house, organized closets, and a full schedule. It has been stirring in my soul for a while now. Bits and pieces have come here and there, but I knew there was more. Thus, "Something More than you and me..." has been born. There is nothing wrong with the above mentioned, but there is more... much more. I want to be aware of that daily and I want to bring my children up with that mentality, with that heart. There is a world out there that we are called to serve, to minister to, to see, to help, to love, to advocate for... and to change. For most of us, distraction keeps it from our minds. And that's what the enemy wants. This blog is a place where you can enter that world and where YOU can make a difference... where you can be the hands and feet of Christ.

Much, much love... Dawn

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Microgiving


Many, if not all of us, have heard of the phrase and philiosophy of "Pay it forward".  I love that idea.  I love the idea that if one person does something nice for one person and day and then that person does one nice thing for one person a day and then that person.... you get it.

Well, there is another wonderful "idea" I love that is taking off and that is "microgiving".  It is built on the idea (and truth) that a little bit adds up.  Non-profits are trying to take this idea and run with it.  Why can't people be convinced that their ten dollars WILL help!  If ten people realized that... there is $100!

Hopemongers, http://www.hopemongers.org/ , is a site I have recently come across that is using microgiving to change people's lives across the world.  Pick a cause (water, food, orphan care, education) and pay $10, $25, or $50.  Now, you have just made a difference.  How cool is that!?  And then what if you did that once a month?  You get let the kids choose one month.  You could bring it up on the lap top at the coffee shop and show your friends and let them help you chose one month.  THEN... just maybe one of your friends would see how easy it is and they'd join in the fight.

Microgive.  It's easy.  It's affordable.  It matters.  You can do it.  And it makes a difference!

Also, check out http://www.microgiving.com/ for a look at how the concept works and see many people who can help DIRECTLY with the click of the mouse!  From medical bills, vet bills, unemployment, and no electricity... you can help!

No comments:

Post a Comment