Welcome! I am so glad you are here!

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10~

I can no longer be content living life the way I have, the way I have actually strived to in the past... to be safe, healthy, and comfortable. There is more to life than a cute house, organized closets, and a full schedule. It has been stirring in my soul for a while now. Bits and pieces have come here and there, but I knew there was more. Thus, "Something More than you and me..." has been born. There is nothing wrong with the above mentioned, but there is more... much more. I want to be aware of that daily and I want to bring my children up with that mentality, with that heart. There is a world out there that we are called to serve, to minister to, to see, to help, to love, to advocate for... and to change. For most of us, distraction keeps it from our minds. And that's what the enemy wants. This blog is a place where you can enter that world and where YOU can make a difference... where you can be the hands and feet of Christ.

Much, much love... Dawn

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

How cool is this?

I love that giving can be in so many more ways than just money.  Especially during hard economic times, people may still want to give and just not feel they can.  So Children's Hope Chest has this amazing program where you can purge items from your house, go online here, http://www.creativegivingsolutions.com/ , fill out a form online and THEY COME PICK IT UP!  They then liquidate it and all the money goes to Children's Hope Chest!  Now, it just doesn't get any simpler than that!

I didn't see clothing listed but they take ALOT of items.  They have it much more defined on the site but here are just some ideas: computer printers, vcr's, cameras, cell phones, clocks, radios, artwork, knick knacks, lamps, dishes, tools, and old CARS! (and much more)  How many of us have old cell phone lying around!  And a garage full of things that can go!

Get your kids involved.  Ask a couple of friends to purge and throw your stuff together.  It only takes a few minutes but has eternal affect!  That money provides food to an orphan.  It provides clean drinking water.  It provides hope.  It provides God's love.  It provides LIFE.  Do IT!  :0)

1 comment: