Welcome! I am so glad you are here!

"For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them." Ephesians 2:10~

I can no longer be content living life the way I have, the way I have actually strived to in the past... to be safe, healthy, and comfortable. There is more to life than a cute house, organized closets, and a full schedule. It has been stirring in my soul for a while now. Bits and pieces have come here and there, but I knew there was more. Thus, "Something More than you and me..." has been born. There is nothing wrong with the above mentioned, but there is more... much more. I want to be aware of that daily and I want to bring my children up with that mentality, with that heart. There is a world out there that we are called to serve, to minister to, to see, to help, to love, to advocate for... and to change. For most of us, distraction keeps it from our minds. And that's what the enemy wants. This blog is a place where you can enter that world and where YOU can make a difference... where you can be the hands and feet of Christ.

Much, much love... Dawn

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just a note

The girls are in camps this week.  B is in ballet camp and A is in "gymnastics" camp.  We picked this camp for A because she thinks she wants to be in gymnastics and we wanted to give it a shot and see if she likes it.  Well, let's just say, the "gymnastics" camp is not gymnastics... it's just a fun camp.

The camp is supposed to go from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.  When no one was even there to open it until 8:30 on the first day, and the kids still weren't doing anything at 8:45 a.m. when I left... I was not very impressed.  THEN I noticed everyone had lunch boxes.  We thought lunches were for the kids staying until 5 p.m.  We were then told the kids have lunch at 12:30 p.m.  I thought it was kinda tackey to be "paying" for A to eat a sacked lunch from home there... but tried to let it roll as B's camp ended at 12:30 p.m.  I thought I could just pick A up at 12:20 and then go get B.  When I returned at 12:15 in hopes of seeing her doing some gymnastics, they were in the back room WATCHING A MOVIE!  Needless to say, my mouth was hanging open.  They had started lunch at noon (not 12:30) and were watching a movie!  A had no lunch.  I spoke to the the owner and voiced my disappointment in the program.  I was offered my money back and A could just not come.  Well, A has been looking forward to camp all summer and so that was just not an option!

So I have tried to go with the flow.  I have tried to re-adjust my brain to just thinking that A is at a fun camp and that is all that matters.  I have my moments.  But A is having fun and so that is really all that matters.

I have decided to give the owner a note on the last day... a note card.  Instead of telling her how I think the camp was not presented in the proper way and how I think they just offered baby sitting services with LOTS OF FUN THINGS TO DO (which there are lots of fun things), I am just going to thank her for giving A a week of fun.  Hopefully, it will encourage and bless her.  And it will stretch me in my quest of "something more than you and me".

Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment